How Are Solar Panels Installed?
Depending on the factors listed above, as well as the type of solar panel you’re using, installation varies. For this example, we’re going to focus on rooftop installation with a battery.
- Survey, scaffold, and support. After you’ve consulted with your solar panel installer, they will set up scaffolding to reach the roof safely. From there, they can check the integrity of your roof – including any shingles or roof tiles – then install solar panel mounts.
- Solar panel installation. With the mounts cocked between 10° – 60°, the solar panels can then be affixed. Your solar panel installer will ensure all fixtures are tightened to minimise the chances of losing panels in adverse weather.
- Wiring solar panels. This is the only time your regular business runnings should be affected by commercial solar panel installation. For safety reasons, the electrics need to be turned off while your solar panel installer carries out any wiring.
- Install solar inverter and battery. The purpose of your solar inverter is to convert the DC current generated by your solar panels into a usable AC current. The solar battery stores additional converted energy. These systems are connected to each other and kept out of direct sunlight.
- Connect the consumer unit and generation meter. The consumer unit acts like a fuse board for your solar panels, with circuit breakers, etc. The generation meter allows you to view how much energy you’re converting, so you can adjust your energy usage accordingly.
- Testing your panel system. The final step is to turn on your solar panels and ensure the system works. Your solar panel installer will handle this and make sure everything’s up to scratch. From there you can start benefiting from your commercial solar panel installation right away!
Commercial Solar Panel Installations
An essential element of commercial solar panel installation is knowing your business practices won’t be disturbed. As such, you might find yourself wondering how solar panels are installed.
It’s not possible to accurately give an estimate on installation time as this varies between contracted installations. However, by giving a rundown on solar panel installation you can consider the scale of your own commercial solar panel installation.
Can I Install My Own Solar Panels?
We strongly advise against installing your own solar panels if you haven’t received the proper training. You not only risk damaging expensive equipment, but also put yourself and others at risk. When spending large amounts of money on commercial solar panel installation it can be tempting to cut corners, however it’s simply not worth the risk.
Potential hazards include;
- A potential falls risk during rooftop solar panel installation.
- Slate roof tiles or shingles can be disturbed and hit people on the ground level.
- How solar panels are installed on a roof generally means proper scaffolding is required.
- You may cause damage to your roof when attempting solar panel installation.
- A damaged roof can lead to damp getting into your home.
- With time, a damaged roof may lead to partial or full roof collapse.
- You may be electrocuted when installing the electrical wiring.
Who Are we?
It’s good to be curious about how solar panels are installed, but please leave the actual installation to the professionals.
At System Renewables we are well versed in working on live sites, so your commercial solar panel installation shouldn’t interrupt business. All of our engineers are fully trained in MCS, NICEIC, CHAS, and ISO9001 standards, as well as following strict health and safety protocols.
Now you know how solar panels are installed you can consider the difference they’ll make to your business. System EV have over twenty years in the electrical industry and are happy to work with you on your commercial project.
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact if you have any additional questions, or want to start the process of commercial solar panel installation.